From kitz wiki
A collection of technical terms and abbreviations.
- Downstream - Refers to the movement of data towards the user from a remote location.
- Upstream - Refers to the movement of data away from the user towards a remote location.
- ADSL - Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line. A protocol for broadband connections over telephone lines, in which greater provision is made for downstream data transfer than upstream.
- LAN - Local Area Network. A network of computers and associated devices which is entirely within a limited area, such as a house, school or office building.
- SDSL - Symmetric Digital Subscriber Line. A protocol for broadband connections over telephone lines, in which equal provision is made for downstream and upstream data transfer.
- WAN - Wide Area Network. A telecommunications network which covers a broad area and links together several localities.
- Wi-Fi or WiFi - A means of linking together electronic devices by wireless. Can be used within a LAN or to connect to a WAN by means of a hotspot.